Friday, September 26, 2008

weiqing's parody!

hey hey, i'm here to post because ms ng made me feel sufficiently guilty about the thought of not-doing/posting my um, parody. It's a spoof/parody of Bleeding Love, and it's called Eating Junk Food. haha :D

Eating Junk Food
Closed off from my fridge
I didn’t need weight gain
One rice grain was enough
Yeah, I was that vain
Time starts to pass
Before long I’m just skin and bone

But something happened
For the very first time with you
My mouth watered with the sound
Of “fast food chain”
And everyone’s looking round
Thinking I’m going crazy
Chorus
But I don’t care what they say
I’ll still eat junk food
They try to give me salad
But I’ll still get the fries
My heart’s crippled by the veins
That you keep on clogging
You tempt me too much and I,
Keep eating
Keep, keep eating junk food
I keep eating
I keep, keep eating junk food
Keep eating
Keep, keep eating junk food
You tempt me too much

Trying hard not to eat
But you look so good
HPB (health promotion board) ads fill my eyes
Try to fill me with doubt
Yeah I know that their goal
Is to keep me healthy
But nothing’s greater
Than the rush that comes with eating you
And in this world of tasteless greens
I see you on a plate
Yet everyone around me
Thinks that I’m going crazy, maybe, maybe
-Chorus-
And it’s draining my money
Oh they find it hard to believe
I’ll be carrying these burgers
For everyone to try
-Chorus-
Keep eating,
Keep, keep eating junk food.

(disclaimer: it's supposed to be like a commentary on the obesity
epidemic in US and to a certain extent singapore too)

You can find the original lyrics and video here: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/l/leona_lewis/bleeding_love.html

<3 weiqing